With the appropriate care, your teeth that have had endodontic treatment will last as long as other natural teeth. Yet, a tooth that has received treatment may fail to heal or pain may continue to exist. Sometimes, the pain may occur months or years after treatment. If so, Endodontic Retreatment may be needed.
Improper healing may be caused by:
- Curved or narrow canals were not treated during the initial treatment.
- Complicated canals went undetected during the initial treatment.
- The crown or restoration was not placed within the appropriate amount of time
- The crown did not prevent saliva from contaminating the inside of the tooth.
In some cases, new problems can influence a tooth that was successfully treated:
- New decay can expose a root canal filling material, causing infection.
- A cracked or loose filling or crown can expose the tooth to new infection.
New or Returning Patient?
Thank you for your interest in Endodontics of Greater St. Louis, West County, and Arnold. Our office is open Monday through Friday to schedule an appointment. We will schedule your appointment as promptly as possible.
By referring you to our office, your dentist has shown their concern that you receive the finest endodontic care possible. Our goal is to provide nsurpassed quality in a compassionate environment of professionalism and clinical excellence. We hope to exceed your expectations.